We have been promising to do this for a while, so we finally sat down and wrote a comparison. Here are some typical differences between a startup janitorial company and ServiceMaster Services Janitorial. These differences are real, and they are very relevant regardless of account size.
The two most important factors here, in addition to the expertise, are, the depth of the LOCAL bench; and personnel on-call personnel 24 hours a day.
Many large regional players have tried to enter our market and failed. This is simply because they could not staff for the inevitable turnover. Simply put, employees quit faster than they could be replaced. These companies failed in large accounts time and again. Additionally, simply coming in and ATTEMPTING to manage a local hospital's existing custodial staff, is far different from starting a 50 person industrial account from scratch. ServiceMaster Services has shown large commercial and industrial accounts how to outsource, and save incredible amounts of money, through intensive management and training.
When there is a spill or an item requiring immediate attention, ServiceMaster immediately dispatches personnel to attend to it. We do not make our customers wait until tomorrow; we get on it NOW. Our sense of urgency is unparalleled in the industry.
ServiceMaster Services Janitorial in Mobile, AL has been serving the Mobile, AL area for over thirty years. That's at least as far back as we can tell. However, we know people who called our franchise as early as 1962, so we may in fact be over 55 years old here in Mobile! Our owner has attended the ServiceMaster Academy of Service and has won awards for service and growth for the past 25 years! We have been a part of the community for all that time, having served literally thousands of businesses and homeowners.
During that time, we have bid on, and have served, hundreds of businesses and buildings in the Mobile area. Currently, our client list reads like a who's who of the Mobile area's businesses and major industrial facilities. We have experience in every type of facility including medical, industrial, educational, manufacturing and large multi-tenant.
(251) 344-5105 is the number for the original (and real) ServiceMaster janitorial company in Mobile. ServiceMaster Services Janitorial, combined with our disaster restoration franchise, ServiceMaster Advanced Cleaning & Restoration, (also the original ServiceMaster disaster restoration company in Mobile and Baldwin Counties); gives our business enterprise capabilities that few, if any, janitorial companies, or disaster restoration companies, can match. The telephone number for ServiceMaster Advanced Cleaning & Restoration is (251) 653-9333. Our two companies have been in the Mobile area for over thirty years, and we have built the ServiceMaster name and reputation in Mobile and Baldwin Counties. We live here. We pay taxes here. We volunteer here. Our customer list reads like a who's who of Mobile's largest employers.
We cannot speak for the capabilities of others, we can only speak about our service and capabilities. We write regular articles on janitorial solutions and disaster restoration. We are building problem solvers and bring a level of expertise to our janitorial accounts that normal janitorial companies simply do not have. We rarely use the stock photos of the ServiceMaster Company in our articles, preferring to use our own local pictures of actual work that WE have done.
Below is some information on our two companies:
ServiceMaster Advanced Cleaning & Restoration - more than a mitigation company.
ServiceMaster Services Janitorial - more than a janitorial company.
Our two companies are market leaders in both mitigation and janitorial. The combined forces of these two entities brings more cleaning solutions, mitigation capabilities, and building problem solving to the table: than any single entity in the Mobile, Baldwin County or Coastal Mississippi area. Period.
First and foremost, we have three ideally located offices to serve the entire area from Perdido Key & Orange Beach, to Gulfport and Pascagoula, Mississippi. We can be anywhere in the area within 45 minutes tops.
Our two companies have been serving Mobile and Baldwin Counties for over 30 years, and between these two companies we offer:
1. Water Damage Restoration, Fire Damage Restoration. We are one of the largest providers on the Gulf Coast of these services. We have served thousands of homes and businesses over the past thirty years, and we have worked for every insurance company in our area. We are affiliated with the several largest insurance companies (in terms of policies in force), in our area; by virtue of our being on their insurance "programs" - the pre-qualification with the insurance companies, in order that they may send direct assignments to us.
2. Mold Remediation, Mold Assessment & Testing. Our knowledge and procedures in this area have led to efficiencies that translate into us being one of the lowest cost providers. We do not cut corners, and our service involves total mold removal, and post-remediation testing to guarantee that your structure is suitable for occupancy and that your health is not in danger.
3. Commercial & Industrial Janitorial Services - proven ability to handle janitorial accounts in excess of 500,000 square feet. Needless to say, we will not publish our client list, but we will gladly provide references. We have some large accounts that we have served for over 22 years, and we serve some of the area's largest employers. We enjoy a good reputation, and serve many large industrial accounts. Our workman's comp experience modifier has been below one, for many years; and we make safety our priority. We receive a safety award from our carrier every year. We know and understand industrial cleaning, and are able to bring our disaster restoration expertise to the table under one service.
4. Forensic & Trauma Cleanup Services. This is a highly specialized cleanup service that requires not only training, but dignity and respect. It also understood that our people remain cognizant of their duty to remain silent in these very sensitive situations.
5. Carpet Cleaning (Few, if any, janitorial services can offer truck-mounted carpet cleaning).
6. Hard Surface Floor Stripping, Waxing & Maintenance (before & after below). We have large auto scrubbers to tackle large jobs as big as malls and large box stores.
7. Grout Cleaning - with a truck mounted steam attachment that ensures excellent results. We have several methods of attacking grout, but this steam cleaning method is one of the best.
8. Window Cleaning. We have done large buildings and small ones. We can add this service to a janitorial contract or provide it as a stand-alone service.
9. Post-Construction Cleaning - both commercial & residential. We have done huge warehouses, box stores and multi story buildings in preparation for occupancy.
10. Temporary Labor Staffing - yes we provide temps to our many commercial & industrial clients when needed. Many have called us to simply staff an office event or company picnic.
11. Pressure Washing. We also have a disc that works fast and efficiently on horizontal surfaces.
12. Smoke & Odor Cleanup - we eliminate the really tough residential & commercial problems. We have the ability to clean up smoked-in houses and buildings prior to listing for real estate professionals. This is an extension of of fire restoration service.
13. Building Leak & Water Intrusion Detection. We have water meters and an infrared camera to assist our customers in finding and solving intrusion or leak problems.
14. Paper Product & Expendable Sourcing - from paper towels & toilet paper to can liners & cleaning supplies, we can provide any expendable that you may need.
15. Specialty Cleaning - including vent hoods in restaurants, warehouses, industrial facilities, ships, jets, luxury yachts and RVs - there is likely no man-made structure that we haven't cleaned.
16. Duct Cleaning - in conjunction with mold remediation, fire restoration or as a stand alone service.
17. Large Scale Drying - Proven ability to handle large loss water damage restoration such as hotels, large office buildings & medical complexes. We have a built-in reservoir of janitorial people to draw from in times of catastrophic events and/or to handle large losses.
18. Medical Office Building & Clean Room Cleaning - extensive training & knowledge of the specific cleaning requirements of medical environments. HIPPA, blood borne pathogen and Healthcare 1,2, & 3 level training ensures that we understand your industry.
19. Upholstery & Rug Cleaning - we often clean hundreds of office chairs at once! We have attachments on our truck-mounted units specifically for cleaning our customers upholstery.
20. Detail Fire Contents Cleaning, Pack Out & Storage - in conjunction with a fire or water restoration project or as a stand alone service. NO one can clean your most precious contents like the ladies of Servicemaster Advanced. We have hundreds of pictures of family heirlooms that we have SAVED for customers.
21. Debris Removal - if it is under a roof, we can find a way to remove it. We have cleaned out huge department stores and warehouses. We have the labor and the supervision to get it done quickly, efficiently and at a reasonable price.
22. Interior Demolition Services - usually in conjunction with a water or fire restoration project, we can prepare the structure for rebuild, or handle the turn-key service for you.
23. Turn-key Shopping Center & Office Space Turnaround - we remove the debris and trash left by the former tenant, and we clean the space to be ready for lease.
24 Large Hard Surface Floor Preparation - we have the large automated equipment to prepare large hard surface floor areas for occupancy after construction, or we can perform routine maintenance.
25. Construction Rebuild - after a fire or water loss, there are a number of ways we can assist, here is an overview: http://www.servicemastermobilealabama.com/ServiceMaster-Construction-Mobile-AL-1.html
Is there anything that we don't do in the field of cleaning and restoration?
We handle some of Mobile's most well know entities. In janitorial, we specialize in Medical, Industrial and Offices. We clean schools, ships and airplanes as well! We have one of the largest staffs of cleaning personnel anywhere, and we use the most modern of equipment and procedures. We are locally owned and unlike so many of the postings on the internet, we actually live and work here in the Mobile area.
We are not a fire and water damage restoration company, or janitorial company that has set up a virtual presence on the internet, hoping to subcontract to another outfit. We are real. We are here. We go to church and school here. We pay taxes here and we are part of the volunteer community here in Mobile. We enjoy an excellent reputation and we care about your facility. Our prices are fair and our service is excellent and consistent. We do not underbid in the effort to get our foot in the door and then raise our prices. We do not believe in poor service and then come in once a month to raise the cleaning standard; conversely we believe in keeping your facility in first-class condition ALL of the time!
We are an award winning franchise:
Some of our people:
ServiceMaster Services Janitorial has approximately 250 plus cleaning personnel and ServiceMaster Advanced Cleaning & Restoration has five project managers and several fire technicians and several water restoration technicians. Pictured below are some of our key management personnel: Jennifer Farrell, Robert Guthans, Tony Smith, Alicia Williams (not pictured), Shawn Ritch, John Steele, Rainer Klett, Scott Anderson and Andrew Hanson.
We live the ServiceMaster credo:
Call us today for a quote. No building is too small, and none certainly is too large. (251) 344-5105. For fire and water mitigation, call us at (251) 653-9333 in Mobile or Baldwin County (251) 928-1028, (251) 943-2230, or from anywhere (866) 653-9333 http://www.servicemasterjanitorialmobile.com, http://www.servicemastermobile.com & http://www.realmasterofdisaster.com.